Homemade Sea Salt Caramel Recipe
Learn how to make absolutely delicious melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate-Dipped Sea Salt Caramels! Scroll below to see the recipe and follow the step by step instructions. A tasty addictive candy recipe perfect for this upcoming holiday season! My daughter and I just made four batches and the rest of the family can hardly keep their hands off them.
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup honey
6 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp regular sea salt to mix into recipe and course sea salt to sprinkle over the top of candy
1 lb Wilton’s dark chocolate wafer chips to melt
- Prepare an 8 inch baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and honey and stir until it begins to boil.
- Cook the caramel mixture, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 257 degrees on a candy thermometer. (We bought an infrared digital thermometer off Amazon and shine it into the pot.)
- Remove the pan from the heat immediately and stir in the butter, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Pour into prepared pan and let set at room temperature until firm enough to cut.
- Cut the caramel into small squares with a chef’s knife and place on waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or chocolate melting pot and dip the caramels in the chocolate one at a time using tongs. Place them on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper and while chocolate is still wet, sprinkle a pinch (a few granules) of course sea salt over the top of the candy.
Leave a comment and share with a friend!